Best Drone for around $100

I am willing to invest in something of reasonable value with basic safety features, not necessarily the cheapest option. I don’t need a lot of fancy Features since the main goal is quality time together. Budget-wise, I have already spent on the Autel Evo 2, so I am looking for a cost-effective choice.

Here are my requirements:

• Brushless motors
  • Manually adjustable camera tilt
  • Preferably no WiFi dependency. I am not well-versed in this area, but I have noticed some cheaper drones boasting over 1000 feet video range with 5G. I want something better than the $20 toys that only provide a 60 ft range from a cellphone.

Currently considering the Holy Stone HS175 2K priced around $120.

Appreciate any advice and insights.

The Tello is one of the best options you can find in its price range. However, if you’re hoping for something as advanced as a Mini drone in this price range, you’ll be very disappointed.

In short, you get what you pay for.

Looking for a good, non-toy drone (but not crazy expensive) for quality time together? Here’s the deal:

• Your needs are smart: Brushless motors, manual camera tilt, ditch Wi-Fi dependence for better range.
  • Holy Stone HS175 2K ($120): Decent choice, ticks most boxes (brushless motors, manual tilt, remote control). Consider lower video quality and shorter flight time.
  • Alternatives: DJI Spark ($300)—better video quality, longer flight time. Potensic Dreamer ($200–$250): 4K video, longer range (check reviews for real performance).

Focus on what matters (video quality, affordability, flight time) and read reviews before you buy. There’s a good drone out there for your quality time adventures!**

That’s the price range for toy drones. They don’t get many reviews because most of them are of similar low quality at that price.