Best drone under $500

Hi everyone,
For some time now, I’ve been thinking about getting a drone, but I’m on a tight budget. After some research, it appears that there are a lot of drones available for under $500, but I’m not sure which would be the best choice for me. I’m searching for a drone with an excellent camera, a respectable flying time, and user-friendliness. It would mostly be used by me to record aerial footage of outdoor activities and scenery. I’d be interested in hearing opinions from anyone who has used drones in this pricing range before or who can suggest a particular model that fits my requirements.

Hello! The Mini 3 should do the job well. I’m quite fond of my Air2s as well. I use them in real estate or architectural works so I don’t know if they will serve well in your field but I am pretty sure they will serve well in aerial shots since real estate also sometimes requires arieal shots of the surroundings. Just a heads-up, if you’re operating in the US, remember you’ll need your part 107 license. It runs about $100, just so you know.

NO cap but The best is probably 5 digits in price so…

I know you are planning on venturing into aerial view shots but just try considering what if in the future you change your mind and want to go into architectural/real estate and the agents want you to take interior of the real estate, this is just one factor to consider before settling for a drone. Just think about it. I made this mistake and it did cost me and I would not want any other person to make the same mistake.

Absolutely, that’s a crucial point to consider. Investing in a drone under $500 may be suitable for capturing aerial shots, but it’s important to think about your future needs and potential changes in your photography or videography focus. If you foresee the possibility of branching out into architectural or real estate photography, where interior shots are often required, you’ll likely need a drone with advanced features such as obstacle avoidance, better stability in confined spaces, and possibly higher image quality. While a budget-friendly drone can be a great starting point, it’s worth evaluating whether spending a bit more upfront on a more versatile model could save you time and money in the long run by avoiding the need for an upgrade sooner than expected. Taking into account the experiences of others who have encountered similar situations can provide valuable insights into making informed decisions about your equipment investments.