Condensation in Potensic Atom camera

I went to fly my new drone at home this evening. Upon sending it up, I noticed the camera feed was unexpectedly foggy. I brought it back down and discovered condensation inside the lens. This drone is less than a week old and has only been flown a few times in decent but cold weather.

I’ve read online that this can happen to drone cameras, but I’m hoping someone here might have tips on removing moisture from the camera. I haven’t flown it in rainy conditions or anything that I think could have caused this.

Any insights would be appreciated before I start searching online for solutions.

2 Likes

Have you contacted Potensic support yet? If so, how did you handle them? In a few days, I hope to have the Potensic Atom.

1 Like

First, leave the drone in a dry, warm place for 24-48 hours to let the condensation to completely dissipate. You might also try putting silica gel packs near the camera to absorb excess moisture.

If the problem persists, you may need to disassemble the camera and properly dry it. To avoid injury, exercise extreme caution when performing this task. As a final option, contact the manufacturer, who may be able to provide assistance or a repair/replacement.

Preventing further condensation is critical - allow the drone to gradually acclimate to temperature fluctuations before flying. I hope one of these suggestions helps to resolve the hazy camera issue!