Is It Possible To Take My Drone on a Plane?

Hi guys…

I’m planning a trip soon and want to bring my drone along for some great aerial shots. However, I’m not sure about the rules and regulations for traveling with a drone on a plane. Can anyone help me with these questions?

1 Like

Yes, you can take your drone on a plane, but there are several rules and regulations you need to follow to ensure a smooth travel experience.

Great news! You can bring your drone on the plane with you, but in your carry-on luggage only. Make sure the drone or its case fits under the airline’s size limit (usually around 22 x 14 x 9 inches). Also, any batteries for your drone need to be under 160 watt-hours (Wh). Most importantly, keep your drone safely stowed away during the flight – no flying onboard!

1 Like

I’ve taken my drone on multiple flights while carrying a compact hard case in my carry-on. Never experienced any issues. Three batteries are located in a Lipo bag and three are in the charger housing. never received any feedback.

1 Like

I’ve taken my drone on multiple flights while carrying a compact hard case in my carry-on. Never experienced any issues.

1 Like

I’ve taken mine through TSA quite a few times, and they usually don’t mind if I unzip the case and leave it open for the X-ray. I never experienced problems. Keep batteries out of checked baggage.

Aero, I appreciate your advice on how to bring a drone on an aircraft. Knowing that drones are allowed in carry-on bags as long as they fit the size and battery restrictions is comforting. Prioritize safety above all else, particularly in light of the battery watt-hour limit and keeping the drone stowed the whole flight. Have you already traveled with your drone? If yes, where did you go?

It’s wonderful to learn about your enjoyable drone travel experience, Brooklyn! It seems like a sensible and secure idea to use a Lipo bag for batteries and to pack a small hard case in your carry-on. That you haven’t run into any problems with airline policies or airport security with your drone setup is comforting.

When you travel, how do you generally arrange your drone flights? Which locations or landscapes are your favorites to photograph with your drone?

TBrianna, that’s comforting to hear! It seems sensible to have a little protective case for your drone along with you when you travel. It’s fantastic that your flight experiences have been trouble-free and uneventful. Have you discovered any specific locations or kinds of landscape that you particularly enjoy using your drone to photograph?