What are FAADroneZone Services?

Hi, So I recently bought a DJI Mini 4 Pro drone. I tried to register it on the faa.gov website. I clicked on Drone Owners and Pilots and then on Launch Drone Owners and Pilots Dashboard. But I got an error message saying “Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘setPublishableKey’)”. It seems like their website is not working properly. Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Is it common?

1 Like

Allow drone operators to apply for waivers from certain FAA regulations (e.g., flying at night, flying over people, flying beyond the visual line of sight).

I see you’re having trouble registering your DJI Mini 4 Pro drone on the FAA website. That error message sounds frustrating. While I haven’t experienced it myself, technical glitches can happen. It might not be super common, but you’re not alone.

It’s worth trying again later to see if the issue resolves itself. If it persists, you could reach out to the FAA support team for assistance. Sometimes they can provide insight or workaround solutions.

You’re correct; encountering error messages during the FAA drone registration process can indeed be frustrating. While it’s challenging to determine definitively if this is a widespread issue, other drone users have shared similar problems on forums and social media platforms.

To address the FAA drone registration error, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Clear Cache and Cookies: Outdated website data stored in your browser’s cache and cookies might disrupt proper loading. Attempt to resolve this by clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, then revisit the FAA drone registration website.
  2. Try a Different Browser: If clearing the cache doesn’t resolve the issue, attempt accessing the FAA drone registration website using a different web browser. This can help determine if the problem is specific to your current browser.
  3. Check FAA System Status: The FAA occasionally conducts maintenance on their website. Check the FAA System Status page to see if there are any reported outages or scheduled maintenance that could impact the drone registration system.
  4. Contact FAA Support: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, consider reaching out to the FAA UAS Support Center directly for technical assistance. You can contact them by phone at 1-844-872-1002 or submit a support request form on their website.