What are the opportunities for drone flying careers?

Hey guys, I was thinking about getting my part 107 certification and it got me curious about career options in drone flying. What kind of jobs are out there where I could make a good living and maybe even travel? I’d appreciate any advice on what these jobs entail and what kind of education I might need.

1 Like

Obtaining your drone pilot licence might lead to amazing job opportunities! As a drone photographer or videographer, you will be able to travel the world and capture breathtaking aerial footage. Drone surveying can help farmers optimise their land. Even help search and rescue crews. To get started, you only need a Part 107 licence (which is obtained through an FAA test). Learning another language and being flexible with travel can lead to even more options. The drone industry offers more than just flying. Consider teaching people how to fly, becoming a drone technician, or creating drone software. With a little investigation, you might discover the ideal drone profession that combines your passions with a high income potential.

Getting your Part 107 certification opens up several career paths in drone operations, offering opportunities to make a good living while potentially involving travel. One prominent career option is in aerial photography and videography, where drones are used for capturing footage in industries like real estate, filmmaking, and marketing. Another field is surveying and mapping, where drones collect data for construction, land development, and environmental monitoring. Additionally, drone piloting in industries such as agriculture (for crop monitoring) and infrastructure inspection (like bridges and pipelines) is in demand. For these roles, it’s beneficial to have a background in relevant fields like photography, engineering, or agriculture, though specific education requirements vary. Continuing education in drone technology and regulations is crucial due to evolving industry standards. Overall, pursuing Part 107 certification can lead to versatile career opportunities that combine technical skills with the excitement of travel and exploration.

Hello Flippa, The drone industry is booming! Beyond piloting for photos and videos, drone careers span exciting fields like inspecting bridges, mapping farms, and assisting in search and rescue operations. Opportunities also exist in drone data analysis and software development. To enter this growing field, explore your interests, get the necessary training, and stay updated on regulations.