What Drone Recommendations to Purchase For Kids?

Hey…so my kids have been begging for a drone for Christmas. But I’ve noticed that most drones on Amazon have bad reviews. Can anyone suggest a good beginner’s drone? My kids are 5 and 8 years old, and I don’t want to spend more than $50. Thanks a lot.

Hey there! That’s awesome that your kids are interested in drones! Finding the perfect beginner drone within your budget can however be a bit tricky.

For younger kids like yours, I’d recommend checking out the Holy Stone HS210 Mini Drone. It’s super beginner-friendly, easy to fly, and comes with features like altitude hold and one-key takeoff/landing, which make it perfect for kids getting the hang of flying.

Plus, it’s durable enough to withstand some bumps and crashes while they’re learning the ropes. And the best part? It’s priced just right within your $50 budget.

You can find it on Amazon, and it has decent reviews too, so you can feel confident about your purchase. I hope your kids have a blast flying their new drone on Christmas morning!

The DJI Mini 2 SE stands out as the best option for kids who are serious about aerial photography.

Finding a good drone for young kids can be tricky. While tons of drones are under $50 on Amazon, many reviews mention they’re cheaply made and frustrating to fly. Here’s the good news: there are some great options that fit the bill for your little pilots!

Here’s what I found for your 5 and 8 year olds:

Focus on Easy Control: Look for a drone with features like “headless mode” which makes it easier to steer because you don’t have to worry about which direction the front is facing. “One-key takeoff and landing” is another great feature for beginners, it gets the drone airborne and down safely with a single button press.

Durability Matters: Since crashes are likely at first, a drone with propeller guards will help protect the delicate parts and bounce off walls and furniture with less damage.

Consider a Hand-Controlled Option: For the 5 year old, a hand-controlled drone might be a good idea. These typically use hand gestures to fly up, down, and change direction. They’re very beginner friendly and less likely to break from a bump.

Here are some specific options to consider that are all under $50:

• Potensic Upgraded A20 Mini Drone: This one has great reviews for beginners, it’s small, light, and comes with 3 batteries for extended flight time.
  • Holy Stone HS190 Foldable Mini Drone: Another good option with headless mode, altitude hold, and 3D flips for a bit more excitement.
  • Force1 UFO 4000 LED Mini Drone: This is a hand-controlled drone perfect for young kids. It uses sensors to respond to hand movements and has built-in LED lights for extra fun.

By focusing on these features and checking out reviews, you should be able to find a drone that your kids will love and that won’t break the bank!

Top Picks for Kids’ Drones in 2024

1. Ryze Tello: Whether indoors or outdoors, this incredibly lightweight drone is perfect for kids.
  2. DJI Mini 2 SE: Ideal for young aerial photography enthusiasts looking for a more advanced option.
  3. Potensic A20: A sturdy drone, perfect for beginners taking their first flights.
  4. HoverAir X1: Providing fun and excitement for kids with its impressive features.
  5. BetaFpv FPV Cetus Kit: Offering an immersive flying experience for adventurous young pilots.
  6. Holy Stone HS280: A reliable choice for kids seeking a blend of performance and ease of use.