Which companies build their drones with thermal cameras?

I’m interested in your recommendations for the best drone suited to this task. I’m considering its potential for tracking lost animals or individuals and require one capable of reaching great heights and surveying large areas, ideally equipped with a thermal camera. It should also have GPS tracking capability, although I’m open to adding this feature separately if necessary. Primarily, I aim for a drone that can fly high above trees to facilitate effective monitoring. Any suggestions?

A thermal camera, GPS tracking, and a drone with great altitude capabilities are essential for monitoring lost animals or people over large distances. These requirements are met by the DJI Matrice 300 RTK, which provides precise GPS, infrared imaging, and high altitude flight. An alternative that offers comparable functionality at a lower cost is the Autel Robotics EVO II Dual. For successful search and rescue operations, both solutions guarantee good tracking and surveillance over tree lines.

In my experience searching for lost animals and individuals, a high-performance drone with specific capabilities is crucial. Ideally, the drone should possess a long flight time to effectively survey expansive areas. Manufacturers like DJI offer advanced models such as the Mavic 3T, known for reaching significant heights that surpass tree lines. This is vital for unobstructed observation. The Mavic 3T’s integrated thermal camera proves invaluable for detecting heat signatures, particularly during low-light searches. Additionally, the built-in GPS tracking system on the drone itself ensures its safe operation and recovery. While attaching separate GPS trackers to locate lost objects is an option, the Mavic 3T appears to be a comprehensive solution for our search and rescue needs. The initial cost may be higher, but the potential to reunite loved ones with lost companions or locate missing individuals justifies the investment.

Those are both excellent choices.

The DJI Matrice 300 RTK certainly seems like a top contender with its impressive flight time, range, and payload capacity for thermal cameras.