Which drones have the longest range?

Are there any long-range drones available in the market that aren’t quadcopters, but instead have a design resembling that of a plane with a wingspan? I intend to utilize it for long-range photography, and my budget is $1500. I reiterate, I’m not interested in DJI drones or any quadcopter-style models, as they struggle in the climate conditions I operate in and often fail to accomplish the tasks assigned to them. However, I believe a drone with a plane-like wingspan might be better suited for the task at hand.

Although they aren’t long-range or especially suited for photography, some have managed to get the Parrot Disco to travel up to 40 miles when properly configured with a 4G hack.

Fixed-wing drones, or Fixed-Wing Electric Aircraft (FWEA), are ideal for long-range photography due to their extended flight times and better wind performance. Despite generally costing more than quadcopters, there are budget-friendly options available under $1500:

1. ArduPilot DIY Builds: Build your own aircraft using open-source hardware and software like ArduPilot. This option offers customization but requires technical expertise and time. Costs vary but typically stay under $1500.
  2. HobbyKing Bixler 3 (RTF): This ready-to-fly option is beginner-friendly and easy to set up. While it may lack advanced features, it provides a range of about 1-2 kilometers.
  3. Eachine E-Flight Mini Skylark (RTF): Another RTF choice known for its simplicity and portability. It offers a range of around 1-2 kilometers and falls within the budget at approximately $500.

I don’t know if you can find long-range drones in the market that is within that budget because they are quite expensive. I know of a plane-like wingspan drone which can help with photography. You can go check out the CX300 drone. I am sure you’ll be impressed.

Interference makes a huge difference. Where I live, flying my Air2S over water for 1,500-2,000 feet is barely achievable due to radio interference. However, in Spokane, WA, I was able to fly 7,000 feet from a small hill with a full signal.

Here’s my opinion on the top trending long-range consumer drones:

• DJI Mavic 3 Pro: Maximum range of 15 km (approximately 9.3 miles) in open areas without interference or obstacles.
  • DJI Air 2S: Range of up to 12 km (7.45 miles).
  • DJI Mini 3 Pro: