Would you recommend purchasing a used phantom iii drone?

I recently bought an MJX Bugs B4W, which is my best drone so far. However, I found a used DJI Phantom 3 in excellent condition going for $190, including a nice suitcase. My question is: Is it worth buying the older DJI, or is a newer drone with features like optical flow better? I’m not a professional—just flying for fun for now.

P.S.: In short, is the DJI Phantom 3’s quality better than the newer, but lower-quality, Bugs B4W?

2 Likes

If you’re looking for a high-quality, reliable drone with advanced features, the DJI Phantom 3 might be the better choice.

However, if you’re on a budget and want a newer drone with specific features, the Bugs B4W could be a good option.

Always remember to prioritize safety and follow local regulations when flying drones.

1 Like

When considering a used DJI Phantom 3, consider its condition, price, and the features you require.

It’s known for quality and advanced features, but ensure it fits your budget and needs.

Remember to prioritize safety and follow local regulations when flying drones.

1 Like

Great Tips! @SkyScoutSara

Since you’re flying recreationally, I’d focus more on price and each drone’s suitability for casual use. The Phantom 3 at $190 including a case seems like a very good deal if it’s in as excellent condition as described. Ultimately, go with the drone that fits your budget and offers the features you’ll enjoy using the most for fun flying.