Can I take my drone on a plane?

Hi…I’m planning a trip soon and I’d love to bring my drone along to capture some great aerial shots. However, I’m not sure about the rules and regulations for traveling with a drone on a plane. Can anyone help me out with the following questions?

1 Like

Can I bring my drone on a plane?

Maybe, but it depends on the airline. Here are some steps to find out:

1. Check the Airline’s Website: Most airlines have specific guidelines for traveling with drones on their websites. Look for sections on baggage allowance, dangerous goods, or prohibited items to find the most up-to-date information for the airline you’re flying with.
  2. Contact the Airline: If the airline’s website isn’t clear, contact their customer service department directly. They can confirm their policy on drone transportation and any specific requirements.

General Tips for Traveling with a Drone:

1. Lithium Batteries: Most drone batteries contain lithium, which can have restrictions. The airline might require them to be carried in your carry-on luggage and may limit the battery capacity allowed.
  2. Pack Securely: Pack your drone in a sturdy carrying case to protect it from damage during travel.
  3. Register Your Drone: Many countries require drone registration. Make sure your drone is registered according to the regulations of your destination country.
  4. Check Destination Country’s Drone Laws: Research the drone laws of the country you’re visiting. Some countries have restrictions on where you can fly a drone, and permits might be required.
1 Like

You can bring your drone through the checkpoint, but hold off on checking it in! Airlines have different rules, so check with them directly before your flight. Just be safe, some drone parts like batteries and parachute systems might not be allowed in checked luggage.

1 Like

You can bring your drone on a plane, either in your carry-on or checked luggage, depending on its size and the airline you are flying with. However, drones with lithium batteries, fuel cells, or certain parachute systems may be classified as dangerous goods, so check with your airline if you have any doubts