Can you fly drones in national parks?

Hey guys, I’m confused about whether it’s okay to fly over National Parks in the US if you’re flying from outside the park. Can someone please tell me if it’s against the law to do that? Or am I mistaken?

1 Like

In the United States, flying drones over National Parks is generally prohibited. Even if you’re outside the park, airspace regulations often extend over the park boundaries. It’s best to check with the specific park’s regulations and FAA guidelines to avoid legal issues and respect conservation efforts.

No, flying drones in national parks is generally not allowed. The National Park Service (NPS) has a ban on launching, landing, and operating drones within park boundaries. This applies to all national parks, including recreational areas, wilderness areas, and wildlife refuges.

There are some exceptions, however. In rare cases, you may be able to get a special permit to fly a drone for scientific research, resource management, or other specific purposes. But for recreational use, the answer is almost always no.