Need help troubleshooting my Sharper Image DX5 drone – any advice?

Hey guys, sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask, but I’ve been scouring forums for help and haven’t found anything yet.

So, my husband just got us the Sharper Image DX-5 drone, and we’re total newbies when it comes to drones. The problem is, I can’t seem to pair the drone with the remote control! I’m following the instructions from the manual step by step:

1. Turn on the drone and place it on a flat surface.
  2. Turn on the remote, ensuring the throttle is in the neutral position (centered).
  3. Move the throttle up and then down. Supposedly, a beep should indicate that the remote is paired, and the blinking lights on the drone should stop.

But no luck for us. I’ve also tried a bunch of other things:

• Turning on the remote first, then the drone.
  • Starting with the throttle down, then moving it up and down.
  • Starting with the throttle in neutral, then moving it up and down.
  • Waiting a while with both the remote and drone blinking before trying again.
  • Holding the throttle up for 3 seconds, then down, then repeating for 5 seconds.
  • Pairing the remote first, then waiting before attempting to pair again.

But nothing seems to do the trick. It’s a brand new drone, straight out of the box. We’ve made sure it’s fully charged (left it on the charger until the light went off, just like the manual said), and the remote has fresh batteries.

Any suggestions? We’re at a bit of a loss here. Appreciate any help you can offer!

1 Like

You seem to have carefully gone over every stage in the fundamental troubleshooting process. If the problem continues, you might want to get in touch with Sharper Image customer service for more help. In the event that the drone is defective, they might send a replacement or special instructions. Perseverance and patience will aid in effectively resolving the pairing problem.

It sounds like you’ve tried a lot already! One thing to check is if the drone and remote are on the same frequency. Sometimes there can be interference if they’re not matched up. Also, ensure there’s no physical damage to either the drone or remote that could be causing issues. If all else fails, contacting customer support might be your best bet since it’s a brand new device.