What is the smallest drone that is smart enough to be stable on its own?

I’m looking for a cheap little drone to use with a cat toy, but the only ones I have found are the rc kind where you are a human pid loop and they are just more difficult to fly than I am interested in. Whats out there?

The Drone Spark’s body is smaller than your phone. It’s the DJI Spark. At $500, it’s not the impulse buy for the masses that DJI seems to think it is (“great for spontaneous selfies!”). But it does bring smart, high-quality drones within reach of many more people.

Finding the right drone for using with a cat toy can be a bit tricky, especially when most options are geared towards more advanced users. However, there are a few alternatives you might consider that could work well for your needs.

One option is to look for small, lightweight drones specifically designed for beginners or indoor use.

These drones are often easier to fly and control, making them more suitable for playing with a cat toy. Look for features like altitude hold, headless mode, and one-key takeoff and landing, which can help simplify the flying experience.

Crazyflie 2.0 drone
Crazyflie 2.0 drone is a very small drone with a small computer inside. This computer is smart and can make the drone fly on its own.

There might be some toy-grade drones marketed towards kids that are easier to control.

Look for features like altitude hold or headless mode that can simplify flight.